Types of Information Collected and Used
Meow Learning Centre collects personal information so that we can provide an experience that is personalised and useful for customers. Some examples of personal information we collect include:
- Personal data about you, which include names, identification particulars, contact details, preferences, family background, educational information, demographic data, payment details and transaction history;
- Personal data your family members has been provided by us by you;
- Information generated and created in the course of any continual relationship with Meow Learning Centre, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication such as telephone, SMS, fax, email, internet and market research and interviews;
Meow Learning Centre may also collect photos, videos or audio recordings of you (“Audio and Visual Material”) recorded in the course of any lessons or other services rendered by Meow Learning Centre, its staff or contractors.
The Audio and Visual Material will form part of the personal information collected by Meow Learning Centre.
Purposes for which Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
Meow Learning Centre collects personal information from you, your family members, your authorised representatives, publicly available sources, our website, mobile or online services and other channels including emails, phone conversations and face to face interactions with our employees, officers and directors.
The purposes (collectively referred to as “Allowed Purposes of Use”) for which Meow Learning Centre collects, uses and discloses personal information include:
- For use in promotional and marketing material distributed by Meow Learning Centre whether online or offline, including but not limited to posts on social media, print or electronic copies of newsletters and brochures, promotional video advertisements and print advertisements;
- To process applications for Meow Learning Centre products and services, business or financial transactions, and to maintain service quality levels and train staff;
- To provide product-related services and support;
- To facilitate operational processes including but not limited to class scheduling and payment scheduling;
- To manage Meow Learning Centre’s relationship with you, which may include providing information on Meow Learning Centre’s products and services, where specifically consented to or where permissible under applicable laws and regulations;
- To ensure and keep accurate client information and enable customised experiences that suit your needs;
- Sending you marketing information, notifying you of our marketing events and promotions;
- To perform internal management, or for audit purposes;
- To facilitate product development and service refinements via customer feedback, data analysis and market research;
- To perform internal management, to operate management information systems, to carry out and enable internal and external audits;
- To enforce or defend the rights of Meow Learning Centre, its employees, officers and directors;
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
Meow Learning Centre may disclose personal information for any of the Allowed Purposes of Use to:
- Any person or entity which is part of Meow Learning Centre to fulfil the Allowed Purposes of Use;
- Any person to whom disclosure is required under applicable laws or regulations;
- Any authority to whom disclosure is necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
- Professional advisors, third party service providers, agents or contractors engaged to perform any of the above listed purposes for Meow Learning Centre or any Meow Learning Centre Entity;
Meow Learning Centre will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand we there is a need to use your personal data for any other purposes. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
Transfer of Information
Personal information may be transmitted by Meow Learning Centre or a Meow Learning Centre Entity to data storage facilities or third party service providers outside Singapore. Regardless of the location where personal information is transferred or stored, Meow Learning Centre or the relevant Meow Learning Centre Entity will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to your personal information. Please note, however, that we cannot be held responsible for
unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
This Policy applies to all personal data that you may provide to us and the personal data we hold about you. By providing us with your personal data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such personal data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and notices in this Policy.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in writing, via mail or email.
Do note, in many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require or have requested. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you do not accept this Policy (or any amendments thereto) or withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested.
Retention of Information
We retain personal information in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations.
View our privacy and policy in PDF here: link